Advertisements

Amla | Indian Gooseberry | Health Benefits

amla

Indian Gooseberry, also known as amla in India has tremendous health benefits. If eaten raw, gooseberry is sour and astringent to taste. However, I think it’s worth the sourness as these green fruits can help you to get that ever young glow on your skin as it helps in collagen production. And yes, you will attain the lovely locks as well. For this, you can eat amla raw, drink its juice or even consume in powdered form. Gooseberry contains 20 times more vitamin C than orange. It is one of the richest sources of vitamin C.

Healthy Breakfast Recipes EBOOK (breakfast made in 15 min) click on the button to claim your FREE COPY – by Its Healthy Moms

Amla Health Benefits

Following are the 9 health benefits of Indian gooseberry(amla).

1. Natural Body Coolant

Gooseberry embraces cooling properties which is quite effective during summers to maintain the temperature of the body. The presence of vitamin C in the Indian gooseberry boosts the tannins in the body that shields body from the heat. So, you can certainly have this fruit to stay cool this summer! Also, it will help you to protect from loo (the extremely hot winds blowing in northern part of India).

2. Builds Immunity

Gooseberry acts as the immunity booster by intensifying the function of lymphocytes and neutrophils cells. These cells avert cold and allergies. It also prevents many respiratory infections. It is comprised of antioxidants like ellagic acid, gallic acid and flavonoids like kaempferol in ample quantities which boosts our immune system.

3. Improve Digestion

Another health benefit is that Indian gooseberry will improve your digestion. Amla is really rich in it’s fibre content. Furthermore, it assists better bowel movements by keeping the gastrointestinal tract clean. Gooseberry enhances the body’s power to absorb nutrients from food. Thus, strengthening the digestive system. In addition to this, the bitter and sour taste of gooseberry stimulates the taste receptors. Thus, making the digestive enzymes more effective.

4. Increases Metabolism

Most of the fatty chubbiness is usually caused by poor metabolism of the body. Eating amla regularly speeds up body’s metabolism. Most of you are aware that the moment your metabolism speeds up, you start burning more fat. Thus, it aids the weight loss process. Even about half a cup of amla juice will assist you to lose weight naturally.

5. Detoxifies Body

Amla is best to cleanse your liver naturally. As per Ayurveda, detoxification initiates with healthy agni, that is, digestive fire. Gooseberry helps to balance this digestive fire through the entire body. Moreover, it has a certain affinity for the blood and the liver. Therefore, it detoxifies naturally, while preserving and nourishing the body’s natural defence system.

6. Improves Mental Health

Amla enhances the health of nerves by easing the flow of blood to cells and tissues. Constant consumption of gooseberry improves the cognitive function. Thus, strengthening concentration and memory. Also, it shields the nerve cells from free radical damage, thus, preventing mental health ailments like alzheimer’s and dementia.

7. Good for Diabetics

Amla, being one of the richest sources of vitamin C, helps in repairing pancreatic cells and tissues. Also, it further averts the damage of cells producing insulin. So, consuming amla can make your body more responsive to insulin. Please do not eat any product that combines amla with ginger or guduchi if you have any liver disorders.

8. Hair

It is abundance in essential fatty acids, which fortifies hair follicles, giving you strong and lustrous locks. It is a powerful treatment for dandruff when applied on scalp. Cures hair loss and prevents premature greying of hair naturally. You may read more about it by clicking here https://prevent-premature-grey-hair-naturally/.

9. Aids Weight Loss

Amla has been one of the effective ways to lose weight as it boosts metabolism. Are you the one who want to lose weight rapidly? Well, this fruit will help you to shed pounds gradually week by week. To read more about How Amla aids Weight Loss, click on the link https://indian-gooseberry-amla-aids-weight-loss/

Advertisements
  1. […] ka murabba daily. Nowadays the gooseberry juice is also easily available. You can read mire about Gooseberry Health Benefits by clicking on the […]

2. […] to treat various health issues. It is one of the richest source of vitamin C. You may read more on Amla Health Benefits by clicking […]

3. It is so interesting to read the health benefits of gooseberries, I definitely learned some really great facts here! I love that they are a natural coolant!

1. It is really nice to hear that you found the information useful 🙂

4. I’ve never heard about these Gooseberry and now I want to try them. ’cause it seems they are super healthy! I hope I can find them in the USA 😉

The White Ocean

1. Yes Lena, you can easily find them in the organic stores of America.

5. I enjoyed reading all the health benefits of gooseberries! Hope I can find it near my place!

1. Yes Ana, one of my aunt’s stay in florida. And she get Indian gooseberries from one of the organic stores there.

6. I honestly had no idea about ANY OF THIS, so thanks so much for putting this together! Now I need to figure out where I can find some near Toronto.

1. Hi Christopher, the Indian gooseberries are easily available at the organic stores in Toronto, Canada.

7. Totally agree with you on this. There are just so many health benefits from Indian plants and herbs that the world isn’t aware of.

8. This is my first time reading and learning about amla. Thanks for sharing the health benefits of the fruit!

1. You are most welcome Rachel. Amla is indeed one of the Indian superfoods.

9. Geraline Batarra May 17, 2018 at 7:58 am

Never heard about it before but by reading your article I was able to know the good health benefits of gooseberries into our body and thank you for sharing this with us.

1. You are welcome Geraline. Indian gooseberries are really healthy.

10. Being an Indian I am very well aware of Amla benefits. We are also very much into the all herbal and natural health supplements. My mother in law has this in her refrigerator throughout the summer. Thank you very much for sharing this and bringing more awareness about it in the society. 🙂

11. I don’t think I’d heard of gooseberry before this. What an amazing fruit. I love all the benefits like how it aids in digestion. Our digestive health is definitely responsible for the root cause of many diseases.

1. totally agree Lexie, digestive health is definitely responsible for the root cause of many diseases.

12. Awww…sorry for me but I don’t really see gooseberry for my whole life. Thanks for sharing. I will try to find this tomorrow. Looks delicious. I love eating sour taste

1. Hey Marie, I hope you find the Indian gooseberry soon

13. Autumn - Simply Amazing Living May 18, 2018 at 9:54 am

Looks like I need to add gooseberries to my diet! Thank you for the helpful information and health benefits as i didn’t know!

14. This is the first time I heard about gooseberry, and its awesome that they have many benefits. I wonder if they also grow in the Philippines.

1. Hi Blair, even I am not sure if the Indian gooseberry is available in the Philippines.

15. Sigrid Says Blog May 22, 2018 at 3:10 am

I love that it’s a natural body coolant and improves metabolism. Now I wonder if we have that here in the Philippines? I love super foods like these!