Advertisements

Indian Gooseberry | Amla – Aids Weight Loss

Indian gooseberry

Indian gooseberry, amla has been traditionally used as a home remedy to treat various health issues. It is one of the richest source of vitamin C. You may read more on Amla Health Benefits by clicking here https://amla-health-benefits/ .
Healthy Breakfast Recipes EBOOK (breakfast made in 15 min) click on the button to claim your FREE COPY – by Its Healthy Moms

How to use Indian Gooseberry for Weight Loss

• Amla Juice – A glass of gooseberry juice just before the meals aids in weight loss. If you wish, you can make the juice from the fresh Indian gooseberry as well. Obviously the fresh variety will give you more benefits compared to the one sold in market. Truly saying I just can’t drink it on its own because of it’s sourness. I add 1:1 water:juice and rock salt to my glass to make it edible for me. You may try this or even add honey along with cinnamon powder. You may refrigerate the fresh amla juice as well but, not more than 12 days. I am sharing a link here on how-to-make-amla-juice-at-home. I found this recipe really easy and convenient, so sharing with you guys.

• Sun Dried Amla – You can buy a pack of sun-dried Indian gooseberry and slide some in your mouth anytime. I keep on doing so. Sun dried amla are available in market in different tastes and flavours. These are easy to carry in the handbag as well.Healthy Breakfast Recipes EBOOK (breakfast made in just 15 min) click on the button to claim your FREE COPY – by Its Healthy Moms
  • Triphala Medicine – It is an ayurvedic medicine. Made from equal parts of amla, bibhitaki and haritaki. This medicine is available in powdered form and is accounted to be really effective for weight loss. However, I personally did not like it’s taste and managed to gallop it somehow.
  • Amla Powder – The Indian gooseberry works more effectively for reducing weight when merged with turmeric powder. Take about 1 tsp of both the powders in a pan and boil by adding 2 cups of water. Keep on boiling until it reduces to half. Strain and drink really slowly on an empty stomach regularly. You may add rock salt, cumin powder and even cinnamon powder as per your taste.

Side Effects

Generally, amla is healthy to eat for everyone. However, there are some people who perhaps be allergic to the Indian gooseberry. You may suffer from certain health problems if you are allergic. Like pain in your belly, abdomen cramps, diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, tingling and redness on the skin or headache.

You are aware that the Indian gooseberry detoxifies your body when taken empty stomach. But, consuming too much will really upset your stomach causing more acidity. So, please do take care of the quantity that you take. And do consume its recommended doses. It is also not suitable for those with any heart ailments.

Explore more on Moms Health and Wellness by clicking here https://health

Advertisements
  1. […] rapidly? Well, this fruit will help you to shed pounds gradually week by week. To read more about How Amla aids Weight Loss, click on the […]

2. oh yes, i heard about this before, i am happy to hear about the weight losing properties and also to be aware of the side effects 🙂

1. Nice to hear that Nina. I hope having the Indian gooseberry in your routine will help you 🙂

3. Girl Bosses Rock July 6, 2018 at 4:01 pm

I hadn’t heard of this for weight loss. I’m all about trying to ideas that are natural and I love fruit so this is definitely a win!

1. I hope you will enjoy having these Indian gooseberries….. they are awesome for increasing the metabolism 🙂

4. Wow! This is interesting. I would love to try these Indian gooseberries since I am trying to lose weight. I hope they are available here locally.

1. Well gooseberries are native to Europe, the Caucasus, Asia and northern Africa. The benefits that I have mentioned are those of the Indian gooseberry.

5. Annemarie LeBlanc July 8, 2018 at 7:11 am

Interesting read. I did not know that Indian gooseberries had that much health benefits. Maybe this would be good for my daughter as she is still in the process of losing that baby weight she put on during her last pregnancy.

1. Yes, this will certainly help your daughter. Just take care that she consumes the Indian gooseberry (amla) in moderation.

6. Kristine Nicole Alessandra July 8, 2018 at 11:52 am

I am interested in its detoxifying properties. You never know how many harmful things are in your body from the polluted air, the highly processed food we eat, etc. I will ask around where I can buy some and try it myself. Thanks for the information you shared in this post.

1. Hi Kristine, you may find the Indian gooseberry at the organic stores. But, keep in mind that the gooseberry that you buy is of the Indian origin.

7. I had no idea this could have so many positive effects on your health! I’ll have to look into it.

1. Yeah Nina! Few of the Benefits of Amla (Indian Gooseberry) are:- It Slows Down Ageing, Cures A Sore Throat, Fights Against Heart Disease, Increases Diuretic Activity, Increases Metabolic Activity, Reduces Blood Sugar, High In Digestive Fiber, Boosts Immunity.

8. It’s my first time to read about Indian Gooseberry. I’m trying to gain weight so I guess this is not for me. Anyway, thanks for sharing the facts about Indian Gooseberry. I learned something new today!

1. It is really nice to hear that you stopped by and read my blog.

9. […] 112 pounds and my height is 5.3″. All thanks to this superfood ghee. You may also go through How Amla aids Weight Loss . If you want to lose your […]

Speak Your Heart!