PCOS, or Polycystic Ovary Disease, is a type of hormonal disease caused in woman of reproductive age. PCOD problem in females has increased so much that it almost affects one in 10 females. Polycystic ovary disease causes the formation of numerous small cysts inside the ovaries. It also leads to diabetes, high blood pressure, and infertility. Many women suffer from acne problems and excessive hair growth in the mustache line.
PCOD disease in the female is a genuine growing issue, however, this has exactly no full cure to it. The majority of PCOD patients are overweight or suffer from obesity. Also, some females maintain a lean figure but suffer from this common disease.
The one and only PCOD cure is the regular exercise which can control the symptoms and side effects. To help to maintain a perfect body weight it is crucial to go through a proper and hygienic balanced diet. High fibre foods can help to fight insulin resistance. It slows down the digestion that in return help in keeping a check on the sugar content on the blood. The mandatory diet should include:
- Intake of high fibre vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach, pulses.
- High protein such as small fishes, tofu, chicken, other salty water fishes.
- Omega 3 fatty acids, rich in salmon and sardines.
- Consume spices like tomatoes and turmeric (known as anti-inflammatory items)
- Green leafy vegetables that include cabbage, green leaf lettuce, green peppers, lentils, beans.
- Fruits that contain water, such as watermelons, squash.
- Other fruits and vegetables like red peppers, pumpkin, berries, cauliflower, sweet potatoes.
- Nuts like almonds and walnuts.
Some foods help in controlling inflammation. They also act wonder for PCOD and weight management. It includes tomatoes, spinach, olive oil, walnuts, blueberries, strawberries.
Food that is high in carbohydrates are the highly processed foods, are strictly advised not to consume while anyone is suffering from PCOD. These include white bread, cakes, muffins, pastries, sweets, desserts, and dishes made with white flour like pasta, noodles, and raw sugar. These should be removed from the diet chart. You can always consume pasta made from the green bean and lentil flour. Avoid any kind of junk food and prefer to consume olive oil instead of normal cooking oil.
PCOD is a disease with no perfect cure, however, it can be controlled with a balanced diet. A healthy lifestyle with regular workout and prescribed medication will help to fight against polycystic ovary disease.
At Its Healthy Moms, we have helped many girls to reverse their PCOD/PCOS just by changing their eating pattern and guiding them to make appropriate lifestyle changes.
You can be one of them too.